9am-2pm Team space assignment (Load-In)
2pm Cooks Meeting / Steak Selection #1 (Jr Fair building)
3pm-5:30pm SCA Judging Class
6:30pm Judge Meeting (Jr Fair building)
7:30pm-8pm Steak #1 Turn-In (Jr Fair building)
* Grand Champion (1st place) must be SCA member to receive the golden ticket. The golden ticket represent an invite to SCA Steak Championship and an invite to World Food Championship. Teams pay their own way to these championships.
* Team fee $125 per competition. If you are doing both competition, then $300 per team. Your fee will go towards the awards & steaks. Your team does NOT need to be a SCA member unless you win the golden ticket.
* Each team will have 10x15 space with 6 feet social distance space between teams. There will be NO electric and NO water @ each campsite space.
* Must have fire extinguisher at your space.
* Restrooms are available at the Jr Fair building.
* Each team will receive 2 choice ribeye steaks per competition at the Team Meeting.
* Each team bring what you need to cook the ribeye steaks onsite.
* Mandatory mask and social distancing in the Jr Fair Building. At your team space, please maintain the 6 feet social distancing.
* When turning your box, the runner will need to wear a mask & gloves. Also, the runner will wipe their box down at the turn-in table. Wipes will be provided at the turn-in table.
* Each team will need to sign waiver of liability regarding COVID-19.
* Please review SCA rules. - https://www.steakcookoffs.com/rules
* Team must register & pay on SCA website.
* For SCA Judges to judge at this event please go here to register
You must be a SCA member & a certified judge to judge the competition. No guest judges allowed. Each judge will need to sign waiver of liability regarding COVID-19.
Mask, gloves and hand sanitizer will be available at the event , if needed.
Total prize purse $1600
1st Place - $700
2nd Place - $350
3rd Place - $200
4th Place - $150
5th Place - $75
6th-10th Place - $25
Date - Friday, April 23, 2021
Location - Washington County Fairgrounds; Jr Fair building
Updated - 1/18/21
Please go here to register for class - https://steakcookoffs.com/event-3709953?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=4/17/2021
** Class will be held in the Jr Fair building.
** New judges who completed a judging class that is in conjunction with a competition is NOT guaranteed a judging spot for the competition that day. If the competition is short of judges, new judges may volunteer to be put in a lottery draw for the missing spots.
Thursday stay - $35 (30A) Campsite space.
Friday stay - $35 (30A) Campsite space from 9am to 6pm Saturday departing.
Saturday stay - $35 (30A) Campsite space if staying from 6p Saturday to Sunday departing.
** Note: if you need 50A or on black top area, you will be place on a waiting list until the week of competition. The waiting list is first come. Additional charge of $50 per day. If you need second 50A connection, it will be additional $50 per day.
Please rsvp with Emmeline.
Hotel prices are reasonable in the Marietta area off of I77, exit 1. I'm not able to get an group rates with the current pricing at the hotels.