8am - 10am Team space assignment (Load-In)
10am Cooks Meeting / Steak Selection #1 (Jr Fair building)
11am Steak Selection #2 (Jr Fair building)
12pm Judge Meeting (Jr Fair building)
1pm-1:15pm Ancillary Turn-In (Jr Fair building)
2pm-2:30pm Steak #1 Turn-In (Jr Fair building)
3:30pm-4pm Steak #2 Turn-In (Jr Fair building)
* Grand Champion (1st place) must be SCA member to receive the golden ticket. The golden ticket represent an invite to SCA Steak Championship and an invite to World Food Championship. Teams pay their own way to these championships.
* Team fee $150 per competition. If you are doing both competition, then $300 per team. Your fee will go towards the awards & steaks. Your team does NOT need to be a SCA member unless you win the golden ticket.
* Each team will have 10x15 space with 6 feet social distance space between teams. There will be NO electric and NO water @ each campsite space.
* Must have fire extinguisher at your space.
* Restrooms are available at the Jr Fair building.
* Each team will receive 2 choice ribeye steaks per competition at the Team Meeting.
* Each team bring what you need to cook the ribeye steaks onsite.
* Mandatory mask and social distancing in the Jr Fair Building. At your team space, please maintain the 6 feet social distancing.
* When turning your box, the runner will need to wear a mask & gloves. Also, the runner will wipe their box down at the turn-in table. Wipes will be provided at the turn-in table.
* Each team will need to sign waiver of liability regarding COVID-19.
* Please review SCA rules. - https://www.steakcookoffs.com/rules
* Team must register & pay on SCA website.
* For SCA Judges to judge at this event please go here to register
You must be a SCA member & a certified judge to judge the competition. No guest judges allowed. Each judge will need to sign waiver of liability regarding COVID-19.
Mask, gloves and hand sanitizer will be available at the event , if needed.
Total prize purse $1750
1st Place - $1000
2nd Place - $300
3rd Place - $200
4th Place - $150
5th Place - $100
* You bring your own eggs.
* Must cook eggs at site.
* Team fee $25.
* Create 6 servings per box.
Total prize purse $225
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $75
3rd Place - $50
Date - Saturday, Oct 31, 2020
Location - Washington County Fairgrounds; Jr Fair building
1. Fred Hain
2. Shawn Surber
3. Chris Jackson
4. Heath Bletzacker
5. John Ardeno
6. Michael Wiswell
7. Rodney Garrett
8. Bill Beverage
10. Justin Humphries
11. Tina Hain
12. David Paulini
13. Jason McNichols
14. Scott MacDonald
15. Robyn Garrett
16. Rolfe Garrett
17. Michael Rosenthal
18. Garrett Wirth
19. Jeff Lamb
20. James Smith-Vanderguff
21. Brian Smith-Vanderguff
22. Jonathan Browning
1. Chris Jackson
2. Shawn Surber
3. Joyce Ardeno
4. Bill Beverage
5. David Paulini
6. Jason McNichols
7. Garret Wirth
8. Jeff Lamb
Updated - 10/31/20
** Halloween Theme Contest
Decorate your team space into spooky Halloween theme!! Your space will be judged by people in this event. Best decorated space might win a little prize!
** Working on halloween themed tshirt and maybe glow in the dark. The tshirt might be dark charcoal gray with logo on front of the tshirt. Estimate cost $20 per shirt to size 3x. If you are interested, please email me your shirt size to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is just to preorder tshirt size. You are not obligated to purchase if you dont like it.
Please go here to register for class - https://www.steakcookoffs.com/event-3993454?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=10/22/2020
** Class will be held in the Jr Fair building.
** New judges who completed a judging class that is in conjunction with a competition is NOT guaranteed a judging spot for the competition that day. If the competition is short of judges, new judges may volunteer to be put in a lottery draw for the missing spots.
Friday stay - $50 (50A) Black top Campsite space
Saturday stay - $50 (50A) Black to Campsite space
** Note: If you need second 50A connection, it will be additional $50 per day.
Includes water & sewage dump.
Please RSVP with Emmeline.
Hotel prices are reasonable in the Marietta area off of I77, exit 1. I'm not able to get an group rates with the current pricing at the hotels.