State Championship Competition; Need 25+ teams for Grand Champion to be qualified for Jack Daniel & Royal competition.
*** FYI ***
For 2023, Marietta, OH Competition could be an auto entry into the Jack if there are no other competitions before August 1 (I think). BUT first we need to get over 25+ teams for Marietta to be qualified for the Jack & Royal.
Early bird special, team entry fee $275 until 4/1/23.
Master series team entry fee $350 per team after early bird special.
To be considered for GC / RGC, you must compete in all 4 meat categories. Team entry fee covers to compete 1 to 4 meats (Brisket, Chicken, Ribs and Pork).
Approximately 70% of your team entry fee is used for the prize purse.
Team entry fee Includes campsite space from 9am Fri to 6pm Sat departing. Standard size space (30' L x 20' W) on grass area. Water is included. 15A / 30A Electric (grass area only) is included. Also, all teams have 24x7 access to restrooms & showers!! As for ice, there is an ice machine in the jr fair building. I will not know on the condition of the ice maker until the week of the competition.
If you need bigger standard size space (30' L x 20' W), please let me know what size you need. Depending on Fairboard, additional fee may apply.
Additional Charges for Black top area with one 30A/50A:
If you need 50A electric / black top area, will be additional $20 AND you will be place on a waiting list (first come) until week of competition. If you need second 50A connection, it is additional $50.
Additional campsite stay at the fairgrounds:
Thursday Stay: Additional $35 (30A) / $35 (50A / black top) for campsite space. If you need second 50A connection, it is additional $50 per day.
Saturday (6pm) to Sunday Stay: Additional $35 (30A) / $35 (50A / black top) for campsite space. If you need second 50A connection, it is additional $50
** Please note , all competitors must follow the fairground's rules. http://eventsbyemmeline.com/mrc-location
Payment accepted: cash, check and credit card. There will be a $10.00 non-refundable fee if using a credit card. As for credit card payment, I will send you a square invoice to your email once I receive your team entry form.
KCBS One Meat (Ribs) Competition - Friday night
$100 entry fee per team.
If you are ONLY participating in the One Meat Competition, your team will get 10'x15' grass space with no water and no electric. If you need water/electric, cost is $35 per grass space. You can setup on Friday 9am and leave Saturday morning.
KCBS Dessert Ancillary - Turn in Saturday at 2pm
$30 entry fee per team.
- Teams must have 6 servings for judging.
- Dessert size can be any size. Does NOT need to be in 9x9 box.
- Teams can provide own serving tray or plates (prefer disposable) with assigned number accompanying the entry.
- Garnish is open and optional.
- Dessert does not have to be prepared onsite and may use alternative heat source.
Friday Potluck @ 5/6 pm
Invitation is open to all teams and judges. Will post signup on Facebook.
Saturday Breakfast @ 8am
Breakfast will be provided by Bluedog BBQ (Chris & Cheryl Dyer).
Working on menu!!
Free breakfast with donation collection to OBR.
Sample rubs/sauce for goody bags (teams/judges) or lottery draw gift
Any team interested in donating your sample rubs/sauce for goody bags (teams/judges) or lottery draw gift, please email me at email@example.com
Teams & Judges - Need 120 samples
Teams ONLY - Need 50-60 samples
Teams & Judges lottery gift draw -
Meat donation to food pantry / shelter in Marietta, OH.
Any teams wish to donate your leftover meats to the food pantry / shelter, please let us know!!
- Credit card processing fee is non-refundable.
- If you cancel by April 15, 2023, your entry fee $275 / 350 + additional charges – (minus) credit card processing fee will be refunded.
- After April 15, 2023, your entry fee of $275 / 350 + additional charges – (minus) credit card processing fee will be credited to next year's competition (one time ONLY) in Marietta, Ohio.
- If state health dept / Washington county local health dept shutdown this event, full refund of your paid in full team entry including additional charges – (minus) credit card processing fee.
1. Friday arrival starts at 9am until 9pm.
2. Meat inspection starts at Friday 9am until 9pm.
3. Mandatory cooks meeting at Friday 4pm?
Total award payout for this event is $5200. Award payout might increase depending on number of competitor teams. The award payout includes Grand / Reserve / Each KCBS categories (Chicken, Ribs, Brisket and Pork) 1st to 5th place.
Prize Purse Break Down: GC $1000; RGC $600
Each meat category: 1st $250; 2nd $200; 3rd $175; 4th $150; 5th $125.
** More teams participate, payout/place might be increased.
KCBS One Meat (Rib) Award Payout
1st - $150
2nd - $125
3rd - $100
KCBS Dessert Ancillary
1st - 50% team entry fee minus fees.
Other 50% team entry fee minus fees donation to charity.